Call for Live Demonstrations
The ISCAS 2019 Organizing Committee invites proposals for Live Demonstrations to be held during the 2019 IEEE Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS 2019) in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan, from 26th May till 29th May 2019 (https://www.iscas2019.org/). ISCAS is the flagship conference of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society (http://ieee-cas.org/).
This track offers the possibility for an interactive and tangible form of presentation which is quite different from oral and poster sessions. The demonstrations will be conducted in presentation booths with ample space to set up a working system, whether it is interactive software on a laptop, a hardware setup, or even a system acquiring signals from a human. Conference attendees are invited to experience the demonstrations directly, to interact with, play with, and challenge them. Presenters have the opportunity to show direct proof of their working systems and to create a lasting impression in a session that is very well attended.
Papers may be submitted in either of the following two categories.
- Proposals of live demonstrations based on already published work. Prospective presenters should submit a one-page description of the demonstration using the same page formatting as for regular ISCAS papers except the formatting for double-blind review. It is mandatory to include a reference to at least one earlier publicly accessible publication of this work. During submission presenters should select “Live Demonstrations (Demo Description)” as the Primary Track and an appropriate topical subtrack as the Secondary Track. Please make sure that, different from regular ISCAS papers, the selection of Live Demo proposals will be done based on single-blind review policy. The names of presenters should be indicated clearly in a one-page proposal.
- Proposals based on new work intended for publication in ISCAS 2019. Prospective presenters should submit the concurrent regular paper, prepared and formatted according to the instructions for regular ISCAS papers (i.e. this is a technical paper and not a demonstration description), which will undergo the same review process as a regular paper submission (double-blind review). After the submission of the concurrent regular paper, presenters are requested to submit a one-page description of the demonstration using the same page formatting as for regular ISCAS papers except the formatting for double-blind review. It is mandatory to include a reference to the concurrent paper submitted to ISCAS 2019 with its submission ID number. During submission of the one-page description, presenters should select “Live Demonstrations (Demo Description)” as the Primary Track and an appropriate topical subtrack as the Secondary Track. Please make sure that, different from regular ISCAS papers, the selection of Live Demo proposals will be done based on single-blind review policy. The names of presenters should be indicated clearly in a one-page proposal.
One-page Demo Description
The one-page demonstration description in both aforementioned categories must contain the following information:
- Demonstration Title and Contributors Information: The title must begin with “Live Demonstration:” Please indicate all contributors to the demo and their affiliations. In case of submission of a concurrent full paper, the list of contributors is not necessarily the same of the authors of the paper.
- Demonstration Setup: Describe the equipment that you will bring to ISCAS. Include a photograph and/or screenshot. Only a power plug, a table and display stand will be provided. Demonstrators are responsible for the transportation of their own equipment to the meeting site. Indicate any special requirements such as for example extra space for demonstrating robotic movement or other requirements which the organizers should be aware of.
- Visitor Experience: Explain the way in which a visitor experiences and interacts with your demonstration, how it reveals the essence of your work, furthers understanding, and what the visitor will learn.
- For Demonstrations Related to Previous Published Work: Please include one or more citations referring to your work about the scientific background of your live demonstration. This reference must be publicly and easily accessible for the reviewers – a URL is highly recommended! Inaccessible conference publications will be cause for paper rejection.
- For Demonstrations with a Concurrent Full Paper: Please include a reference to your full paper including the submission ID number in your demonstration description. For the final submission, you may want to update this reference, removing the ID number.
- Optional Video: For the initial submission only, proposers can also include an optional link to a video (max 5min) about their demo. This video is only meant to facilitate the review process, and does not substitute for the live demo.
|Submission of Concurrent Regular Paper only for
demonstrations with a concurrent paper:
|31 Oct. 2018|
|Submission of Demos One-Page Description for both
demonstrations related to previous works and those with a concurrent paper:
|19 Nov. 2018
3 Dec. 2018 (Extended)
|Notification of Acceptance:||14 Jan. 2019
24 Jan. 2019
|Submission of camera ready copy - both of the one-page
demo description and the regular concurrent paper (if any):
|18 Feb. 2019|
ISCAS 2019 Live Demonstration Session Co-Chairs
Mineo Kaneko, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology – firstname.lastname@example.org
Yuichi Nakamura, NEC Corporation – email@example.com
Edoardo Bonizzoni, University of Pavia – firstname.lastname@example.org